Sunday, January 17, 2016

Take One -- Book Reading from Action Men with Silly Putty, Chapter 1, "Toy Men, Threatening Thugs and a Teddy Bear"

I have to say I have been very inspired by the bloggers and vloggers I have "met" and seen on Google +. So, I decided to experiment with my webcam and make a recording of myself reading the first chapter of my novel. 

I am a novice at making videos, so this is a no frills video without any fancy editing. I think the reading is not bad, and I hope you enjoy hearing my book excerpt. If any of you more experienced vloggers have some suggestions for improving or have any tips for me, I would be open to input. 

This is a long excerpt, about 20 minutes, so you may need to fit this in when you have some time or listen for a few minutes and see if the story captivates you. 


6 comments:

  1. Great book reading. Thanks for posting. I'll have to check out your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to the whole thing while I was getting ready this morning. I have to say, I do love your voice! You read this beautifully and it flowed so well. I'm terrible at listening to audiobooks, so I don't usually like listening to writing but this did work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olivia. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and found the time to listen. You're very encouraging. I think I may do this for Chapters 2 and 3, at least, for Youtube. Maybe eventually, there will be an audio book. I think there is a way I can do that through Amazon. :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea. I've never seen anyone do a reading via vlog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. :) I'm not sure how the idea came to me, but it does seem easier than scheduling readings in different locations when your schedule is already complicated. I may upload other types of videos with some of my other creative interests. I sing and do puppetry and write my own material for puppets. I do these one-time performances, and friends who miss them always ask, "Did you tape it?" We'll see if I can get a hang of this vlogging thing. :)

      Delete